Historical Information Gatherers (HIG) is looking to fill two, full-time internship positions in our Hopkins, MN office. The selected interns will work within our Production Group to conduct research and create customized files of historical data and imagery for specific locations in the U.S. for delivery to our clients. Candidates must live in the Twin Cities metro area to be considered for this position so that they can work in our Hopkins office during the initial training period. After initial training, working from home is an option if the intern has a suitable home office arrangement with high-speed internet access. After approximately 2 months, Interns who have met or exceeded training, teamwork and production goals may be offered a permanent full-time position with HIG. Please note – HIG is a dog-friendly office!
Job Description – Tasks you may learn to perform during the training period include:
- Locating data within our internal digital libraries and/or ordering needed data from HIG’s remote researches or suppliers.
- Using ArcGIS software to produce sets of aerial photography and historical maps.
- Conducting city directory research and creating a variety of digital deliverables based on the data compiled.
Schedule – Internship schedule is 8 hours day (40 hours week) Monday – Friday. Likely start during training between 8 and 9 am in Hopkins office.
- Ability and desire to work with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Good English communication skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Enjoys performing research and takes pride in providing accurate and complete deliverables.
- Recent college graduates with ArcGIS course-work or at least one year of work-related experience with ArcGIS software.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and graphics software.
- Must be reliable, dependable and provide consistent attendance; must have reliable transportation to HIG’s office in Hopkins for training.
- Familiarity with historical documents including aerial photography, maps, property records and city directories.
- Recent college graduates with ArcGIS course-work or candidates with one year or more of ArcGIS experience in a professional work setting are preferred.
Compensation – Internship pay rate is $16/hour. Permanent positions typically have a beginning annual salary of $34, 000 -$36,000/year.
To Apply – Email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants demonstrating the required qualifications will receive a timely reply. HIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.