Temporary Full Time Digital Imaging Specialist
Historical Information Gatherers (HIG) has been contracted to digitize books that will take 6-12 weeks to complete the job. The Temporary Digital Imaging Specialist will scan pages and edit/process raw images using a variety of equipment and software. These projects sometimes involve the handling of unusual, rare, or fragile materials. Attention to detail and efficiency are important aspects of this position.
The first 5-8 weeks of the work will occur in downtown Minneapolis. Once the scanning work is finished in downtown Minneapolis, the job will move to our Hopkins, MN location, until finished.
Start Date & Hours
Training will be May 10th & 11th, 2018 in our Hopkins office (8:30am-5pm). The job will move to downtown Minneapolis on May 14th and occur M-F 7am-4pm. Once finished at the downtown location, the job will then be M-F 8 or 8:30 to 4:30 or 5 (8 hours) in our Hopkins office.
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong general computer skills
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks
- Dependable transportation
- Experience with document scanning or photography
- Familiarity with historical documents such as maps, property records, aerial photography and city directories
- Experience with image editing software such as Photoshop, Capture One, and IrfanView
Note: Dog on premises at main office. Job will require repetition and some lifting. Must have reliable transportation.
Historical Information Gatherers, Inc. provides environmental risk data used to assess past property uses and determine environmental risk for properties nationwide. Our products and services include historical maps, aerial photography, city directory research, local property record reviews, environmental database reports and specialized title research services. www.historicalinfo.com