We employ talented environmental professionals, GIS specialists, and business development professionals primarily based out of the HIG headquarters in Hopkins, MN. HIG provides environmental professionals with data needed to understand past property uses and determine current environmental risk for properties nationwide. Our products and services include historical maps, aerial photography, city directory research, title research services, environmental database reports and local property record reviews. PLEASE NOTE: We have a dog-friendly office.
For information regarding current job openings, contact Marla Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for open positions listed below, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. HIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Temp-to-Hire Full-time Client Services Coordinator
Historical Information Gatherers (HIG) seeks a temp-to-hire full-time Client Services Coordinator to join our staff in Hopkins, Minnesota. HIG provides environmental professionals and engineers with data and images needed to understand past property uses and determine current environmental risk for properties nationwide. HIG’s products and services include historical maps, aerial photography, city directory research and local property record reviews.
The successful candidate will join HIG’s Client Services Team and Production Group. Client Services Coordinators interact with both our long-term clients and new clients on a day-to-day basis regarding orders and related questions, acting as a liaison between clients, the HIG sales team, the HIG Production Group, and our vendors. Communication is both over the telephone and via email; therefore, strong communication skills are a must. After learning basic CSC duties, the successful candidate will also learn to produce one or more of our deliverable products as part of the Production Group.
Please note – HIG is a Dog Friendly office!
Essential Job Functions
- Process incoming and outgoing orders. Review and revise invoices for completed orders.
- Communicate with Production Group staff to help insure each order is delivered on time to our customers.
- Send sample products to HIG sales staff and prospective clients. Order products from vendors.
- Answer client calls and emails regarding orders and providing information about our services to prospective clients.
- Computer-based research to identify data and images for specific properties throughout the U.S.
Average 40 hours/week Monday – Friday. Start time to be arranged between 7 – 9 am and end between 4 – 6 pm.
- Two year post high school business related degree or equivalent, or at least 2 years of customer service experience in an office setting.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong data entry and general computer skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail, friendly and professional telephone skills, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests for information from clients, co-workers and supervisors each day.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment. Reliable transportation to HIG’s office in Hopkins. Regular, consistent attendance is a must.
- Experience using Windows-based computers, MS Office, MS Access, Adobe Acrobat, file sharing systems, various internet mapping systems.
Desired Qualifications, but not required
- Experience using ArcGIS, ArcView by ESRI, Photoshop, and IrfranView.
- Familiarity with maps, aerial photography and city directories.
Beginning pay rate $16/hr.
This is a 90-day temp-to-hire position. Possibility of conversion to a permanent position will be determined upon evaluation once the initial temporary assignment is near completion.