We employ talented environmental professionals, GIS specialists, and business development professionals primarily based out of the HIG headquarters in Hopkins, MN. HIG provides environmental professionals with data needed to understand past property uses and determine current environmental risk for properties nationwide. Our products and services include historical maps, aerial photography, city directory research, title research services, environmental database reports and local property record reviews. PLEASE NOTE: We have a dog-friendly office.
For information regarding current job openings, contact Marla Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for open positions listed below, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. HIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FIMo Sales Associate
Historical Information Gatherers (HIG) has an opening for a Full-time Sales Associate based out of our office in Hopkins, Minnesota.
The responsibility of the Sales Associate is to bring in new subscriptions and secure annual subscription renewals to help grow the client base subscribing to Fire Insurance Maps online (FIMo), our digital subscription service that represents the largest user friendly collection of high quality historical land use maps in the United States.
- Complete a period of training and shadowing to become a knowledgeable resource on historical fire insurance maps and the FIMo subscription service in order to be comfortable hosting online and in-person demonstrations of the FIMo website.
- Heavy phone and email prospecting for new sales with initial emphasis on libraries, historical societies and similar institutions.
- Arrange face to face meetings/demonstrations with potential clients in the U.S. for yourself and HIG executives.
- Attend conferences and trade shows to represent HIG and obtain sales leads by doing one-on-one demonstrations or by giving educational presentations that spotlight use of FIMo.
- Act as main point of contact with prospects and clients, from first point of contact to closing of sale.
- Demonstrate consistent follow up with potential clients as well as existing clients for feedback on FIMo and to keep them informed of new subscription options and renewal dates.
- Collaborate with HIG Marketing staff on FIMo related collateral development, email and social media marketing and conference/trade show coordination.
- Polite, warm, professional phone manner and excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Skilled at making cold calls to prospective clients and capable of crafting effective follow-up communications tailored to each prospect.
- Experience with MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience using web-based meeting/presentation services.
- Must be able to work in a small team environment, as well as be a self-starter and work independently.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time to attend conferences, trade shows and to visit prospects for in-person demonstrations.
- CRM experience preferred.
Minimum Education: High school graduate
Compensation: Base salary plus commission – expected first year income $60-90K / 2nd year expected income $90 – 100k+
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with employer contribution
- Health Insurance Reimbursement Plan
Job Location: Hopkins, MN